Today, our sweet Bailey is 11 months old! WOW! She's has changed so much in the last month. The biggest news is that she has taken her first steps!!!!!!!! With that came her first pair of "real" shoes and lots of running around by mommy and daddy to keep an eye on her. She has also started "talking" A LOT! It seems like some kind of noise is always coming out of her mouth. I just play along with her and talk right back to her. I always wonder what people are thinking as they see me in the car talking, making silly faces and singing away - just to keep up with Bailey!
Here are some more fun things about Bailey:
*When drinking her bottle, she also hangs on to her Nuk. She will drink her milk, then put her Nuk in for a few seconds, then switch back to drinking her milk! It's hilarious - although it sometimes makes for a really long bottle feeding (it's ok though, because I keep thinking about how she won't drink from a bottle much longer, so I'm just soaking it in while I can).
*She LOVES books! Being a teacher, I thought I had a decent amount of books - not enough for Bailey. I had to stock up on more board books this month, mainly because I was tired of reading the same ones over and over again. Bailey has a bin of books in our living room as well as books up in her room. She can look at her books for hours. Her new thing is to pick out a book, bring it to me, and then she'll turn her little body around so I can pick her up and put her in my lap. Some of her favorites right now are Brown Bear, Brown Bear, If You're Happy and You Know It, Peek-a-Baby, and I Love You All the Time.
*Bailey got to go to Grandma & Grandpa Sieberer's cabin for the 4th of July. This was her first time there. She had a great time playing and seeing family, but had a ROUGH time sleeping. New place + hearing people below (she was in a loft) = no sleep. Andy & I ended up putting her in the car and driving around for an hour, just so she could get some sleep.
*During our trip to Chicago, we went to the Shedd Aquarium. Bailey loved the aquariums and watching all the fish.
*Bailey met a new friend - Liliana! Our friend's Kristy and John adopted Liliana from Texas about 5 months ago. They just moved back to MN and we were so excited to finally meet their little one.
*Grams & Gramps Kostner have some fun picture coasters at their house. Bailey absolutely LOVES playing with them and checking out the pictures of our family members. One day, I asked Bailey where Torre was and she pointed to him. Then I asked where Baby Bailey was, and she pointed to herself! I may be biased, but I think we have a genius on our hands!!!
We're looking forward to our last month having a "baby" before she becomes a big ONE year old. August is going to be full of fun and wonderful memories!!

No comments:
Post a Comment