Sunday, January 3, 2010

Bailey's 1st Christmas

There's so much that I could write about Bailey's first Christmas, but I am going to try and shorten it so this post doesn't get extremely long. Our Christmas started the morning of the 24th. Andy, Bailey and I had our first family Christmas together. We had only bought one toy for B since we knew she'd be getting so much from family and friends. We had a nice quiet morning together as we watched the snow continue to pile up. Then we packed up the car and headed down to the cities.

We were supposed to host Christmas Eve at our house, but due to the weather and all the snow we were getting, we changed the location to Andy's parent's house. Luckily most of the Sieberer family was able to make it there so we could celebrate with them.

Christmas day we were able to celebrate with Andy's immediate family and then his mom's side. Bailey really enjoyed the tissue paper. She would grab on to it and pull it out of the gift bag. Then she would continue to play with it - and by play I mean try to eat it!


We didn't celebrate Christmas with my family until the following week. My sister and her family came two days after Christmas and our extended family was here in shifts. Bailey and I stayed at my parent's house from Monday - Saturday. It was so much fun to have a full house - at one time we had 10 adults and 5 kids under the age of 4 all in my parent's house! Our Christmas was kind of split in two. We opened gifts with my immediate family (minus Andy who had to be back at home because of work) earlier in the week and then opened more with my extended family on January 2nd.


My week and a half break went by way too fast! I think I am more tired now than I was before my break began (Bailey too....as you can see below)! I seem to find Christmas to be a bittersweet time of year - you get to celebrate Christ's birth and spend time with family, but then when it is over, you have to take down the tree, nativity, and the rest of the decorations and start to look ahead to the next time you will be able to get together with all of your family (which for my side only happens 3 times a year). But now it's on to 2010 and we look forward to all that we will be blessed with during this new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment