So my doctor is currently out of town - until Wednesday. Instead of having me go in to see a different doctor today for my 40 week appointment, he had me go to the hospital for a Non-Stress Test instead. It sounds like more than it really is. All they did was hook up a fetal monitor and uterus monitor to me for about an hour to watch the babies heart rate and to see if I was contracting at all. The baby is doing great! Her heart rate was in the low 130's for the most part. They wanted her to move around a little more so they brought me some juice to drink. She definitely likes juice/sugar because once I drank the plastic cup full, her heart rate went up into the high 150's and she was moving all over the place. Guess she's going to have a sugar problem just like me!
I was also interested to find out that I am having some contractions. I haven't actually felt any of these contractions yet, but the nurse showed me that they are definitely happening. She asked me about 5 different times "You aren't feeling anything?" to which I would reply, "No." She said everything was good and that my body is getting ready to get this baby out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment