Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Amazing Shower Weekend


This past weekend I had two fabulous showers. Andy, baby, and I definitely got spoiled. It felt wonderful to be surrounded by such amazing friends who care and love for us so much!

Saturday, my sister Julie and friend Abby threw my "friends" shower. It was a gorgeous day out so we sat poolside at the Harlan house. My friends Trisha and Kim drove all the way up from Iowa (they get the prize for most miles driven). Jessica, Heather, Vanessa, Heidi, and Taya all drove over an hour with some extra time stuck in construction. The rest of my friends were local, but I was so thankful that they were willing to give up part of this beautiful summer day to help me celebrate our upcoming arrival.

On Sunday, my mom's friend Cindy put together a shower for my mom's work friends. We had a wonderful brunch and I received some great "words of wisdom/advice" from all who were there. It's great to know that even my mom's friends care so much for me and are excited for the baby to arrive.

Sunday night I finally unpacked and layed out all the things we received so that Andy could take a peek. Our living room floor was covered! Andy jumped right in to put together a few things. I was exhausted. What a fabulous weekend!!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment